Quick Links Archive
This page contains an archive of Quick Links. The latest ten are not included as they are always available in the sidebar on every page of the site.
12th May 2008
- FoodFeed - What are you eating? Umm, this one's probably taking things a little too far.
- Yahoo! Internet Location Platform - YDN Yahoo! has released APIs for it's Internet Location Platform (Where On Earth). This is a seriously cool system which is used in a number of Yahoo!'s own web sites.
24th April 2008
- All About Agile Software Development A really awesome site about Agile development methodologies. Well worth a read.
- 10 Linux Commands You Probably Don't Use Some really useful bash commands - I didn't know about a few of these.
22nd April 2008
- dotfiles.org | community for sharing dotfiles like .bashrc, .vimrc, and .bash_profile Learn from other people's bash files.
- MySQL Conf - Memcached Internals Some interesting information about memcached.
- Fill your car for $1.10 a gallon? We could do with this in the UK. Petrol is up at around £1.10 per litre at the moment (yes per litre!).
- Intel Atom-based Eee PCs in June, 10-inch displays later in the year, says Asustek president More new eeepcs. Personally I think the ones with the 8.9 inch screens are best. Any larger and the overall size increases and suddenly they aren't so portable anymore.
18th April 2008
- Morethanseven - Resourceful Vs Hackable Search URLs Gareth Rushgrove ponders on the specifics of good URLs and when one should use different formats.
17th April 2008
- CrashPlan - Automatic Offsite Backup Backup to their online central storage, your other computers or your friends computers. All data is encrypted before being transmitted and stored.
16th April 2008
- GridFox - The Grid Layout Firefox Extension A useful way of checking that sites match a defined grid layout.
- Free Analytics Suite Coming From Yahoo! - ReadWriteWeb Exciting news. It'll be interesting to see how this stacks up against Google Analytics.
15th April 2008
- Why There Aren't More Googles Interesting article about why VCs are behind the times and are missing big opportunities by not changing their approach.
13th April 2008
- GroupTweet A service which adds group functionality to Twitter. I'm not sure why Twitter haven't done this themselves yet.
- UniView A tool for viewing details of Unicode characters.
- Native names for languages Contains a list of languages and their native names. Useful for presenting language choices for alternative translations of a site.
10th April 2008
- Coworking: Solo But Not Alone The biggest worry I'd have about going it alone is the potential lack of interaction with other people during the working day. Here's an interesting solution.
9th April 2008
- CSS Variables Proposal for CSS variables released.
- Eee PC to Get Intel's Diamondville, Hard Drives, and Fashion Forward Style It keeps getting better and better. Now I just have to work out how I justify the upgrade from my original eeepc.
5th April 2008
- twill: a simple scripting language for Web browsing Write scripts to automate browsing around web sites. Could be really useful for unit testing.
24th March 2008
- Yahoo!'s Latest Performance Breakthroughs (Yahoo! Developer Network blog) Includes 20 new rules from Yahoo!'s Exceptional Performance Team.
- Accessibility Tips Mike Davies has set up a new web site providing accessibility tips.
16th March 2008
- Plants that Twitter when they need to be watered | Geek Gestalt - A blog by Daniel Terdiman - CNET News.com Whatever next!
2nd March 2008
- Home of the Geotag Icon Project A site hoping to standardise an icon for geotagged content.
27th February 2008
- Localization and Plurals - MDC Describes the rules for pluralisation in various languages.
- BBC - Homepage Just noticed that the BBC have pushed their new homepage live as the default.
19th February 2008
- Using setTimeout to Solve DOMContentLoaded - Snook.ca Jonathon Snook responds.
- Does setTimeout solve the DOMContentLoaded problem? | Muffin Research Labs by Stuart Colville Stuart's got a neat solution to the DOM content loaded problem.
5th February 2008
- Code Reviews and WTF An easy way to tell if the code being reviewed is any good.
2nd February 2008
- The MyBlogLog Blog: The book is open Documentation for the API is now freely available.
- < Older Links
- Newer Links >
be the first to bookmark this page!
- Unix Permissions Calculator Released (12)
- Favicon Generator & Editor Released (6)
- Inbound Link Analyser - a tool for analysing links to your site (14)
- Vote for my SXSW 2009 panel proposal (1)
- Source code for version 2 of CSS Sprite Generator (7)
- Version 2 of CSS Sprite Generator released (1)
- Opera releases Dragonfly for Opera 9.5 beta 2 (3)
- Mobile Browser Concurrency Test (0)
- Problems building MySQLdb on Mac OS X 10.4 (Power PC) (1)